Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dying gone wrong


I was so excited to get my produce that would help dye the eggs. With Aurora's red dye problems the last 3 years have been ongoing experiments with getting our eggs dyed. This year is yet another failed experiment. At least this year I started with all white eggs.


Purple

Green


Orange


I forgot to get a picture of the Blue and in my stupid editing I just erased the pink/red and the yellow. Teach me to erase the photos before I am done.
These are suppose to be purple



These are suppose to be red and green



And these are suppose to be yellow, orange, and blue


The yellow turned out pretty good but the orange, red, and purple all just kinda look brown. And the blue are a really ugly color grey. I am hoping that by some scientific miracle that tomorrow morning when I go check on them in the fridge they will be the right colors. Maybe next year we will just do plastic colored eggs.

2 comments:

  1. Were they any brighter in the morning? ;) Did their instructions include adding vinegar to make the dye more permanent? I'm going to try some instructions I found in Mother Earth News and will let you know how they turn out...if it works, you'll have a plan for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were the same in the morning. The instructions included adding the vinegar. It was 1 tbsp for every cup of color.

    ReplyDelete